COMING UP ON THE CALENDAR @ EXPAND
SAYULITA, MEXICO SURF & YOGA RETREAT: Oct 27th- Nov 2nd 2017: $1,500.
Join us in the beautiful town of Sayulita, Mexico for a surf & yoga retreat! Sayulita is a gorgeous village on Mexico’s Pacific coast, just 30 miles from Puerto Vallarta, backed by the Sierra Madre Occidental mountains. It’s known for it's beaches with good surf and it's hospitality. Founded in part by Tahitian pearl heiresses looking for the perfect wave, there is a relaxed everyone is welcome vibe. We will be visiting during the Day of the Dead or El Dia de Los Muertos, a holiday full of tradition and ritual, offering individuals a chance to pay respects to their loved ones who have passed on. This festival wakes up the town after a long, hot summer.
Whats included in the cost:
- Lodging: We will be staying at a brand new complex completed in June 2016. There is a 10x20' heated, chemical free salt water swimming pool and a fourth floor rooftop deck with sweeping views of the ocean, jungle and village great for yoga, and a variety of covered and open seating for dinning, sunning and relaxation. It is ideally located a short walk from the center of Sayulita, and the beach, but is still quiet at night. Rooms are double occupancy.
- Yoga: Morning &/or evening yoga classes taught by Matt Ottenbach & Liz Houck: EYRT-500
- Surfing: Sayulita is just about as great as it gets as a place to learn to surf. The water is pleasantly warm, there is a gentle break and sandy bottom to lookers left. If you have never surfed before, you will most likely stand up on your first lesson. For more experienced surfers, the break lookers right offers intermediate waves, depending on the conditions. Day trips to different local breaks may be available as well.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner: We will gather as a group for a welcome & farewell dinner.
Not-included in the cost:
- Airfare: Round trip airfare in & out of PVT.
- Transportation: Transportation to and from the airport. $3 for the bus and a bit of a walk to the casa or about $60 for a private taxi, we can help everyone figure out what they would prefer to do and coordinate once people have their flights.
- Meals: Meals in town range from typical American prices to delicious tacos for 75 cents and just about everything in between. The food in Sayulita tends toward fresh and delicious with emphasis on seasonal fruits, vegetables, seafood and Mexican specialties, but also the easy to find hemp milk latte, pizza, pasta and even cheeseburgers. Fresh squeezed juice, green smoothies, young coconuts, fish and shrimp tacos are all available just steps from the beach. Gluten free and vegan options are also easily available in town. We will plan to have a first and last dinner together.
- Other Adventures: Massage, local art & vendors, souvenirs, and anything else that may attract you!
GONG BATH: W/ WAYNE MARTO: Saturday 5/20: 2-3:30 PM: $20
Join us on a transformative journey of healing and deep relaxation, as we bathe every cell of the body in therapeutic sound and vibration. The pure, penetrating sound waves of the gong cleanse the subconscious and will leave you feeling tuned, refreshed and connected with your intuitive personal power.
We will be supported by the magical frequencies of a Pluto gong. Pluto gongs teach us to let go and to purge the negative energy and thought patters that don’t serve us. Pluto gongs are known for their grounding and calming effect, opening our hearts to forgiveness and healing.
The gong bath is best experienced simply lying down on your back or a similar comfortable position. Wear comfortable clothes and bring whatever you need to be relaxed for the meditation (yoga mat, blanket, pillow, extra water, etc.).
The sonic massage will leave you feeling tuned, refreshed and connected with your intuitive personal power. With this renewed sense of self comes a profound feeling of oneness with the creative and sustaining life force and energy of the universe. Life then takes on an unbelievable richness that cannot be described. It has to be experienced.
KATONAH YOGA WORKSHOP: Monday 5/15: 1:30-3:30 PM: $35
Finding center circumference and the space in between:
Join guest yoga teacher Brian Nygard from New York City for a 2 hour Katonah Yoga Workshop. Founded By Nevine Michaan, Katonah yoga is a yoga practice rooted in sacred geometry and informed by Taoist principles.
Brian is a dedicated and persistent student. He discovered yoga after suffering from chronic spinal pain for many years. His recovery has motivated him to explore and study yoga asana and philosophy for the past 13 years. Brian is practiced in Vinyasa, Traditional Hot Yoga, Kundalini yoga, Katonah Yoga, Thai Massage and Vipassana meditation techniques. With over 1500 hours of teaching experience, Brian regularly conducts private sessions, corporate seminars, public classes and teacher training programs internationally. He has also guest taught at the United Nations. Brian's lessons balance a vigorous physical practice with careful alignment, imagination, accessibility and attention to the breath. Brian's mentors include Nevine Michaan, Abbie Galvin, Melissa French and Hari Kaur Khalsa. In addition to his yoga certifications, He holds a BM in Jazz Performance from the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston.
INVERSIONS WORKSHOP W/ MATT OTTENBACH: Saturday 3/11: 2-4pm:
In this 2 hour workshop we will work on the fundamental practices to develop a freestanding handstand. Starting with joint mobility, (shoulders, wrist & spine) we will use the wall and partners to practice a variety of techniques and strategies designed to get you on the road to practicing handstands in an intelligent and safe manner. Requirements: the ability to hold a straight legged plank position (think push-up) with straight arms for 1 minute and the ability to straighten your arms completely overhead when standing. Healthy shoulders and wrists help as well.
THE POWER OF SOURDOUGH W/ Ashley Peters: Saturday 3/18: 4-6pm.
Join Ashley in a 2 hr workshop as she takes us through the process & artistry of creating long fermented sourdough breads! Explore the stages of fermentation, folding the dough, the final shaping process and tips on how to create your own beautiful sourdough artisan bread in your home oven!
She will highlight the beneficial aid that sourdough culture brings to those with gluten allergens and the restoration of the natural flora in our intestinal tract, as well as explaining the trade & tradition of creating the culture of community driven food systems. Just bring yourself, a dish towel & a kitchen bowl. You will take home a jar of your own mature starter and a loaf to take home and bake!
SPRING EQUINOX YOGA MALA W/ Micaela Cooley: Sunday 3/19: 7:30pm
Join us as we celebrate the Spring Equinox! Guided by your breath, move through 108 Sun Salutations while listening to the amazing sounds of Micaela Cooley on cello.