200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING APPLICATION
This training is for serious students, aspiring teachers, and those who already teach and wish to refine their craft. Successful completion of the training will qualify participants to receive their 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher Certifications through Yoga Alliance. This certification is recognized nationally and internationally as the current baseline industry standard for yoga teachers. Pre-requisites for the training include: A desire to dive deeper into your practice, to learn more about how our bodies work, interest in the historical and philosophical context of yoga, an open mind, and a desire for self-reflection.
There will be emphasis on:
• Postural Aspect of Yoga Practices
• History and Philosophy
• Breathing Techniques
• Teaching a Class
Aside from the work done with the training staff, participants will be expected to:
• Take a minimum of 3 classes at Expand Yoga per week
• Be fully present and participate actively
• Practice teaching with other participants in the group
• Successfully complete all assignments (There is an average of 8 - 10 hours a week of independent study required outside of scheduled training times including taking, observing and assisting classes, writing observations, reading assignments, listening assignments, and teaching practice.)
Application Process: Acceptance is on a rolling basis. You may submit your deposit by check, cash, or credit card. Please make checks payable to “Expand Yoga”. Deposits are processed upon acceptance into the training. All students must posses either a high school diploma or a GED.
Acceptance Notification: Applicants accepted will be notified via e-mail. All accepted applicants must confirm their registration via e-mail. If an applicant fails to confirm, his/her spot may be offered to another applicant. Please email applications to: email@example.com. Please deliver cash or check deposit to the studio, in a sealed envelope labeled Expand Yoga Training. Please be sure to hand the payment to an instructor (please do not leave anything on the front desk or in the mailbox by the front door). If you would prefer to pay via credit card please simply indicate that in your application.